5.20.2009

Thunder thighs with a side of cellulite, please!

My brother in law, Dustin, introduced me to the books Eat This, Not That! The books size up the fatty food competition. The only down fall I've found is that it kind of takes the fun out of eating. I don't know if I'll be able to eat another twix again.



Here's some snip-its from the book that made me want to vomit juuuust a little bit.



Canned food can contain up to...

Pineapple..... 20% moldy fruit
Canned tomatoes..... 5 fly eggs or 2 maggots per 500 grams
Frozen broccoli..... 60 mites per 100 grams
Ground cinnamon..... 400 insect fragments and 11 rodent hairs per 50 grams
Peanut butter..... 30 insect fragments or 1 rodent hair per 50 grams
Popcorn..... 1 rodent pellet in one sample or 2 rodent hairs per pound



Cinnabon
Classic cinnamon roll
813 calories / 49 g sugar / 32 g fat (5 g trans fat) /117 carbs
You're better off to eat a regular whopper at BK with 150 fewer calories.


Cold Stone Ice cream
Dark chocolate in a dipped waffle cone
650 calories / 35 g fat (22 saturated) / 60 g sugar
Fat equivalent: 22 strips of bacon, "Mmmm.... bacon"
You’d have to run the length of a football field 109 times to burn off the 1,340 calories in the Gotta-have-it size chocolate devotion.



Worst snack:
Hostess chocolate pudding pie
520 calories/ 45 g sugars / 24 g fat (14 saturated)
Fat equivalent: 2 McDonald's quarter pounders




Worst drink:
Arizona Kiwi Strawberry
353 calories / 82 g sugars
Sugar equivalent: 4 fudgsicle bars

Ummm, no thanks. I'd rather eat my calories.



Worst candy:
Twix
280 calories /27 g sugars 14 g fat (11 saturated)
Fat equivalent: 11 strips of bacon
Twix contains more than half the USDA’s daily consumption recommendation for saturated fat.

Tell me, will you be able to eat another Twix again guilt free?



Worst food in America:
Outback steakhouse Aussie cheese fries with ranch dressing
2,900 calories / 182 g fat / 240 g carbs
Even if you split these fries with three friends you’ll have downed a dinner worth of calories before your dinner arrives.

And suddenly I'm not so hungry any more.

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure anything can turn me off of Twix bars or bacon. In fact that kind of sounds like the perfect two course meal, doesn't it?
I once read about cheesies and haven't quite felt the same about eating their foamy goodness ever since. I try to avoid anything that makes me rethink my thinking on food. Ignorance brings me bliss... and usually a better mood in the form of chocolate or deep fried fat.

Chell said...

You are determined to ruin food for me aren't you. First you spoil homemade cookies for me and now this.

Sadly people can find reasons you should not eat or drink anything...

ALFIE said...

isnt this just sick?

I have the "supermarket" eat this! not that!, and while I love the info and many of the ideas, more times than not, when I am thrilled to see something on the pages of the book (because it is a fav of mine) it ends up being on the "not that" side of things...oh well...I'll do what I can---but no promises :)

em said...

I'm pretty much of the "if I like it I'll eat it" persuasion, no matter how many rodent pellets or calories might be in it. Because hey, at least I don't rely on rodents to get my protein, right? The least I can do to give a shout-out to industrialization is deal with a little ground-up rodent hair in my cinnamon french toast.

Alicia said...

Don't even get me started on how many calories and fat is in most of the food at the Olive Garden. I won't ruin it for all of you since we know it all tastes so good!!!

Anna K said...

I was really turned off jello when I found out how it was made. Nasty!

I'm with the other posters above. If I like it, I'll eat it regardless of the "added ingredients"

Mitchell Family said...

Oh Yuck! That is one of those things that is just too much information!

Janas Bananas said...

I too like to eat my calories over drinking them, liquid is a waste.

Merilee said...

that is disgusting! Makes me glad I am eating better!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

whoa, way too much information I wish I didn't know. Now what am I gonna do? waaaaa.

RussNatEvans said...

I started reading this with Russ, and he is actually more hungry. Mmmmm

Ginnie said...

Nat, tell russ it's not supposed to work like that.

Janas Bananas said...

I just noticed that that twix bar says "limited edition". Now on further inspection I see a chocolate filling..like chocolate cookie crunch inside..??? I am not sure Canada has had the pleasure of such an extrodinary treat, I can give you my address and you can send me one for sampling, that is no problem. Then in return I will send you all the Canadian Chocolate bars with all their goodness, the best chocolate bars you will ever eat!! Just ask Marin how good our candy is she will tell you, then she will make you a bagel with cream cheese, tomatoes and bean srouts............ In Canada chocolate bars are fat free.

I know I am lame, already been here, reading it again...commenting again..maybe a little obsessed with you..I would be scared too.

Ginnie said...

Ya, it's not supposed to be the limited edition of twix; it's supposed to be the real deal.

But I think you might be on to something. A little chocolate swap...

The Blandon's said...

Wow, yummmmmm. This really isn't what I was expecting to read coming to your blog...
The sad thing is: although I am completely discussted, I will probably still eat most of the stuff on here.

CoLiE-O said...

why did you have to ruin p.b., cinnamon and popcorn for me? geez. i could give up the others but not those! ew..