12.20.2007

My Baby Boy is 4 Today!

Today was Kalebs birthday and to say the least the festivities got off with a miserable start. Oh, the pain of being expected to wear pants...even on your birthday. I mean if you can't go naked on your birthday, what can you do? I wanted to threaten taking away his birthday if he didn't stop throwing this massive, worlds gonna end, tantrum. But then that would mean he would have to stay 3 for a whole other year and I just don't think I could take that.

So the majority of our morning (and usually all our mornings) looked a lot this...

And this....
And still,.. lots more of this...
I finally got him to calm down after a quick bribe of deep fried, fatty goodness from Burger King. So I packed up all the Yahoo's (husband not included) and met up with my friend Amy for a quick impromptu fast food outing. Soon after Kaleb's day started looking not so bad. Food (and a good anti-depressant) can make anything better.

Later that day I told him he could help me make his birthday cake (as motivation to actually make him one). He did manage to work in one or two smiles during the process.

Then it was off to Chuckee Cheese...

And life was good...

Oh, so good!


4 comments:

J Glazier said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb!! What a big 4 year old! Love the Dance moves and the fit, we're glad it's not the end of the world only at our house.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Kaleb! Margo and Kaleb could be dance partners. His eyes are beautiful. That picture of the 3 of them is so cute!

Merilee said...

Happy birthday to Kaleb!! I forget his birthday is so close to Christmas.
How do you keep yourself so together, seriously?! I am really going insane.. slowly but surely with all the tantrums and testing the limits going on around our house.

Chell said...

Oh wow I can't believe he is 4 already. Love the pictures fo the start of the day.. How precious.