Tree down... Check✓
Stockings packed up... Check✓
Christmas books put away... Check✓
Ornaments back in there boxes... Check✓
A little added Christmas poundage... Check✓
Christmas cards taken down...
They're one of my favorite things about Christmas.
They make me happy each time I walk by.
They're new friends. They're olds friends.
They're family. They're neighbors.
They're people I love.
It just doesn't feel right taking them down.
I'm not quite sure when they'll find their way off my pantry door.
So for now, they'll remain exactly where they are...
one of the lingering signs that Christmas was here.
. . . . .
Sadly, I did not send Christmas cards this year.
I wanted to save you the heartache of having to take mine down.
. . . . .



6 comments:
I am totally the same way. Mine are basically the only remnant of Christmas left. AND on a side note, I see the picture of Ashley's family I took! So cool and you were such an inspiration in starting my photography journey!
I have plans to do a similar post when I get my act together! I may leave mine up until February because I too, can't take them down either.
So when am I going to see you? let's plan lunch one of these days. Tuesday/thursdays work great for me, I only have one monster instead of 2. Text me and lets do it!
So true! There is nothing like a Christmas card with pictures!
Thank you for sparing me the pain. You are so thoughtful that way...
I feel the same way! I need a good way to keep them...rather than just a big rubberband.
My solution to this problem this year was to make a Christmas card look book for the kiddos:
http://www.modernparentsmessykids.com/2011/01/christmas-card-look-book-for-babies-and.html
Post a Comment