8.20.2007

The joys of motherhood {or the lack there of}

Oh, the joys of boys and all the mischief that comes along with it!
Today the kids were playing outside (not a very smart decision on part since it had just barely stopped raining). I gave them the usual lecture about no playing in the mud or else...
No more then 10 min. pass that I see Abrie carrying around buckets of mud. So in the house she goes for a quick wash down in the tub. After I finished up with her I went back to check on Kaleb only to find him flinging massive amounts of mud balls at our apartment building. He was having the time of his life...a boy in his true element. Well, that was until I came outside. His instincts kicked in and he quickly covered his bum and said, "mommy, mommy it was an accident!"...Yes, I've heard that one before, but on this occasion that wasn't going to work. So it was back up the stairs for kid #2's bath.

As there are with all actions there are consequences that follow. There's nothing like hard labor to teach the kid a lesson...right?
(Kaleb and some of his partners in crime)

WRONG! The idea I had to make him clean up his mess backfired. The combination of mud+water+bubbles+more mud= HEAVEN. Now he'll be throwing mud just so he can clean it up. At least he's got a good arm! The mud managed to make it to the second floor, Nate should be proud.
The aftermath of the days chaos. I needed some motivation to clean it any way, oh, and don't you just love the blue bathtub? it goes great with my blue toilet.
Now I couldn't leave out Macie in all this chaos, now could I? No...she must of been feeling left out. She managed to climb up on to the table and practice her creative art.

Some time's I wonder why I even try.

Here's is Macie caught red handed...or should I say blue handed?

At least she managed to pick out the right shade for her lips... it really brings out the color of her eyes don't you think?

5 comments:

Em said...

Aargh, sounds like a give-up kind of day.
Rough

Anonymous said...

Ginnie - uhh, I get mad again, just looking at the pictures. Phoebe is grounded, we still haven't decided how long, and not even an hour ago, Nori was over wanting her to come out and play, I swear, do I have Stupid written across my forehead?? alig8orj@msn.com

AmyG said...

My kids did this on the side of my house a year and a half ago. I tried hosing it down and figured the rain and snow would wash it away. There are still signs of it. Just glad it's hidden on the side of the house. Just think, a few years from now you can laugh about it. We have many pictures with body art. Many times the kids have wanted to play clowns and made themselves into clowns. Before church one day (like 30 minutes before we needed to leave) I found Madisyn in the bathroom and she had completely colored her face blue. (This was when she was 7, we are still not allowed to laugh about that picture, although we do when she is unaware that we are). I'm impressed with how well Macie did the lips. A future beautician!

Merilee said...

That's pretty funny, at least Macie's part. She is gorgeous, even with marker all over her face! Yes, I think the shade is perfect for her! ha ha.

Jenna said...

Greg told me about Kaleb's little vandalism but I'm glad that I got to see the pictures. Gotta love him!