Here's a quick rundown of my birthday,
- 6:00 am- Kids run into my room to wake me up, "Mom, it's your birthday! Hurry and wake up Mom!". I think my kids have my birthday slightly confused with Christmas.
- 6:15 am- Nate gets up with the kids. I make a sorry attempt to sleep in.
- 7:30 am- I get my lazy birthday body out of bed and get ready to go to Shady Maple, which can also be referred to as heaven on earth. All things that are
good and purefull of high caloric intake and deep fried goodness can be found there. The other reason why we went to Shady Maple was because you get to eat for FREE on your birthday. And as we've discussed before, thecheapfrugal part of me is just screaming with excitement. FREE and BIRTHDAY are two words that belong together. - 8:30 am- I realize that I didn't bring along my ID as proof that it's my birthday. My birthday excitement is crushed.
- 9:00-10:30 am- Stuff myself to the point of almost wanting to vomit. I'm thinking that bulimia doesn't sound half bad right now.
- 11:30-6:00 pm- Nate and I go back and forth, "What do you want to do? I don't know. What do you want to do? Well, it's your birthday, you should decide what you want to do. Well, it is my birthday and I don't want to have to decided what to do." This continued for the majority of the day.
- 6:30 pm- I decide to make dinner while Nate folded the clothes (happy birthday to me). We put the kids in bed and sit around again..."What do you want to do? I don't know. What do you want to do? Well, it's your birthday, you should decide what you want to do. Well, it is my birthday and I don't want to have to decided what to do." We are a hopeless cause.
- 7:30-9:30 pm- Nate and I watch the movie Invasion (I'm a sucker for scary movies).
- 9:30 pm- Again..."What do you want to do? I don't know. What do you want to do? Well, it's your birthday, you should decide what you want to do. Well, it is my birthday and I don't want to have to decided what to do.... Well, I think I'm just going to go to bed. Sounds good to me."
Lets just say my birthday left much to be desired. But since I'm such a firm believer in *extended birthdays* my birthday wasn't a total loss.
On day number 2 of my birthday I had a girls night out complete with dessert crepes and a hot tub. It was a blast!
Amy & Val, crepe makers extraordinaire
Trust me, it tastes better than it looks.
Blowing out the candle on my birthday crepe.
Then things got crazy! (As crazy as things could get with 18 women and a bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling apple cider)
Here is my failed attempt at trying to recreate my New Years Eve face. In case you've forgotten (and I don't know how you could have) I posted it below.
( When I was telling Nate that I looked partially retarded he said to me, "Partially? That's a whole lot more than partially retarded honey." I think he's secretly trying to tell me I look HOT!)
For Day number 3 of my birthday Nate and I went out to dinner with some friends to this awesome Thai restaurant. Again, I stuff myself well past the point of comfort. Instead of bulimia, this time I'm thinking I could learn a thing or two from anorexics.
That pretty much sums it up. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I was definitely feelin' the love!
(*Extended Birthday*: A celebration of the day of one's birth that extends 3-7 days before or after the actual birthday. So technically it's still my birthday)

14 comments:
You crack me up and I don't even know you! You have an amazing talent for writing. If it makes you feel better, my Hubby washes the dishes on bday too. Then when I complain he's not helping around the house, I get to hear," remember I washed the dishes on your bday?" I think we may have the same life, lol.
SOUNDS LIKE A FUN BIRTHDAY WEEK! Can't wait to call you and hear more about it :)
Happy B-day. Those crepes look GOOD
So did you get in for free? I would think you of all people would try to finagle your way in. It made me laugh because it is totally you. Happy "extended" Birthday!
I like the extended b-day idea. I think that's what I do, but just haven't called it that. Scott jokes with me about this because he birthday is on the 20th, and mine the 29th. So he says the day after his we start celebrating mine. Ha! Glad you had fun. The crepe party looked to be a success. I love those... hmmmm
Okay, first of all you forgot to mention that I gave you a present. Second, you can't ever take a picture of me standing next to Val. Seriously. Any other time though.......snap away.
I can't help but feel sorry for you... Married, children and a depressing birthday? It almost sounds like you should throw in the towel. Despite the fact that I find myself amid the company of all female bloggers. I must take a moment to remind you that though many who share your gender may enjoy the sight of a crepe sitting lifeless on a cold plate, others, who may not have the same life giving organs as yourself, seem to stop at the - 18 women, a bottle of non-alcoholic bubbly and a hot tub... But alas, YOUR BIRTHDAY, not mine. -Roo
happy late birthday and extended birthday wishes to you! looks like you had alot of fun anyhow.
Nothing wrong with an extended birthday. Looks liek you had a complete blast with that crazy group. Good times.
You sound like me. A whole birthday weekend extended into the whole week!! I guess that for me being the only girl that works too!!
Glad that you had a happy birthday!!
Looks like fun! Makes me miss those good times living at the Colony with all the girls!
Sounds like a fun few days. Bday's are overrated though huh? Happy late bday.
Happy birthday! Its sounds like you had a great week. It is great to have friends and family to spend your"extended birthday" with.
Your birthday celebration can only get better for next year. Especially with low expectations. Didn't you get a cinnabon and some singing in their somewhere? I sure hope your St. Patricks Day and Easter holiday are more fun for you, and then you have 4th of July. Use every holiday as an excuse to pamper yourself.
Post a Comment