Due to the fact that this tent is un-set-up-able he wants to give it away to someone, anyone, who'd be willing to take this devil tent away. The only catch to getting the free tent was to respond back to him in scripture form why you deserve the tent.
Needless to say, Nate "won" the tent and he became the new proud owner of the "tent of the Anti-Christ".
The "tent of the Anti-Christ" has found a new home at the bottom of our storage room and it has been sitting there patiently waiting to be set up for about 3 years... that was until Nate became inspired by his brothers blog . So Nate decided to pull out the massive tent and try to set it up. After all, it can't be that hard to set up, could it? I'll let you be the judge.
5:30 pm- Nate pulls the tent out eager and excited to face the challenge of the "tent of the Anti-Christ".
Status of the tent: Out and ready to go. The score: Nate- 0, the tent- 0
6:00 pm- my brother in law walks over to get in on the tent action. After all, two heads are better than one.
Status of the tent: piled up on the ground. Score: Nate- 0 points, the tent- 1 point
6:30 pm...
7:00 pm...
7:30 pm...
8:00 pm- despite what it may look like, Nate is not tying a noose. He's frustrated, but not that frustrated. My brother in law has given up, but my honey is bound and determined... this tent will go up.
Status of the tent: still on the ground. Score: Nate- 1 point for determination, the tent- quickly climbing to 5 points
8:25 pm-Nate threatens me with my life if I don't put away the camera. So I kindly oblige, but not before I take another picture.
8:30 pm- Nate decides to try the aerial approach and steadies the poles with a rope hanging from the tree. Of course it would be much easier to set this tent up with two sets of hands instead of one, but if I was helping set up the tent who would be taking the pictures. I play a very important role in this whole ordeal. I shout words of encouragement to let Nate now he has my full support.
Status of the tent: flat on the ground.
Score: Nate- 2 points for his skills and ingenuity, and 1 extra bonus point for bending over (wink, wink. Nudge, nudge), plus another 2 points for having to be married to me. The tent- 6 points. Me: negative 2 points for sexual harassment and untimely sarcasm.
9:00 pm- Daylight's fading fast and the sprinklers are about to come on. Nate reaches the sad realization that this tent might never fulfill its full potential as a tent and may forever be used as a tarp or (if we don't have any money) curtains. In defeat, he packs away the tent after 3 and 1/2 hour battle.
Final score: Nate-5 points. The tent-7 points
Nate may have lost the battle with the "tent of the Anti-Christ", but the war is definitely not over. I'm sure Nate still has some more fight left in him. And for those of you who are interested in reading Nates response to the craigslist add that won him this cursed tent just let me know. I have it saved and I'll post it.

8 comments:
I wanna know what clever "scripture" won the tent!
funny. i would have given up after 30 min. impressive!
that is great!! i know if it was me there would have been total frustration after a few short minutes. so what did he write to win this tent of yours??
Dude, I must admit my first reaction is "it doesn't seem like it would be too hard." I think that is because we haven't run into a tent that could take us yet. Passed down from our fathers and father's fathers was the ability to set-up and then take down and precisely fold the shelter. If our blood heritage is not enough against this foe you must call on the ancestors of our adopted heritage . . . We are Utes. Besides a knowledge of stuff like chemistry we adopt the skills rights privileges and keys of being a Ute. I killed a buffalo one day like it was nothin. Utes also ask there tribe when in need, so if the next battle arrives and you are alone fire a flaming arrow into the sky and call upon our Ute ancestors and if that doesn't work then use your cell and call upon your Indian brother. And if we try the shame of defeat is to great I will help you kill your self if you want. (oh that is Samurai, not Utes). The battle may have been lost, but the Indians kicked the crap out of Custer so I think you still have a chance.
Derek
If you were here Randy would be out there right beside Nate as the Trio. He would have fought bravely to the end along side of Nate. I see you are definately still keeping busy in Utah. I think I would have had to sleep right on top of the tent not to let it have the last word. Miss you.
That's a funny story. I cannot say I would've put 3 hours in - so here's to Nate's stamina. Your blog is sure fun - I liked the road trip entry for the drive back west from dental school. I just can't believe it's been 3 years since we were there. The wedding party on the smoke break was the best. Good luck with the tent. Looking forward to the winning entry that won the cursed tent :) Sarah Twiss
Hey I wasn't quite done with my blog about my favorite people check it out again. As soon as I have 2 hours to sit down and read this i'm sure hillarious blog I will until then check out mine again
If it weren't for an apostasy that took place, one could be inspired to construct that tent (which word "tent", used in the context of this scripture, roots from the Hebrew word "habanithalum", which is a variant of the egyptian like-term of "golgumbo." This being interpreted to mean, "one who can construct with communication from angels.").
Because I have overcome this apostasy through light and knowledge (my conversion in the following blog), I could teach one, such as Nate, how to erect this tent; however, it will require humility on his part.
Post a Comment