9.09.2008

Trouble x 2

Life as a Mom is anything, but glamorous. Most days I'm lucky if I put a bra on let alone take a shower. Not that I have anything against taking showers. I am definitely pro shower. I just have a hard time finding the time to take them for a couple of reasons.

REASON #1:


Photobucket

REASON #2:

Photobucket

It seems that reason #1 & reason #2 find it the most opportune time when I'm in the shower, to cause havoc and chaos. Why? Why, must these two always be associated with the word trouble?

Example #1:


That is my make up strewn across they're faces... and hands... and clothes... and counter... and floor... and rug... and toilet... and sink. But how could I get mad? They look so happy.

Example #2:

Macie some how managed to find my Mom's markers and colored all over her deck. I guess she's just leaving them a little something to remember us by.

Example #3:


I have raised some self sufficient kids... sometimes too self sufficient. They were hungry, they needed to eat, they needed Cheerios, they needed to spill it all over the carpet. And to top it all off, Macie needed to go to the bathroom and she did it right there where she was sitting.

Example #4:

This is probably one of Macie's favorite spot in any house we visit. How else was she going to get that box of lemon heads with out climbing up into the pantry? And that, my friends, is a mouth full of lemon heads. The kicker was when I went to get her down off the counter and I noticed she was sitting in a pool of something... again, she peed her pants. So nasty.

After all these peeing incidents I decided to have a little talk with the kids about where we go to the bathroom. Do we pee in our pants? No. Do we pee on the floor? No. Do we pee on the counter? No. ? Then Kaleb interjects, "But Mom, sometimes when we pee we can go pee in cups!". I respond, "Umm, no honey we don't". Kaleb again replies, "uh, huh Mom ya we do. I pee in cups." I stood there confused and slightly worried for a second and then I asked, "Kaleb, what cups exactly do you pee in?", " The one in the bathroom, by the sink" Kaleb says sounding proud. I ask half way hoping that there was some other cup that I was unaware of hiding somewhere in the bathroom, "Kaleb, would that be the cup that everyone drinks out of after they've brushed their teeth?!". His answer was short and sweet, "Yep!". That then added to my list of where we do not pee. Despite how fun it may be, we most certainly DO NOT pee in cups.

I know that duct tape has multiple uses and would it be bad, say... I don't know, for like a half an hour if I just, so gently, taped the kids hands and feet together? I would do it in the most loving way possible. I would make sure that they were fully entertained infront of the TV and everything. Or would that be a little too much?

19 comments:

AmyG said...

I will remember to bring my own cup when I visit your place. :)

Merilee said...

Macie looks just like you in example number 3. You do that same face and everything! haha.
That cup thing is so disgusting and SO funny.
I'm with ya on the duct tape thing, can I bring my kids over to join them?

amyorr said...

maybe you should give Kaleb a swiss army knife, then he won't be in your make-up. Then he could cut the duct-tape off himself. And Macie. j/k that would solve a lot.I miss them!

the mama monster said...

oh my heck ginnie you have your hands full with those two! that is so naughty and funny i love it.

Michelle C said...

Too too funny. I'm going to guess that you're working on pictures when this all happens! :)

Katie and Greg said...

Oh Ginnie, you are so stinking funny. I just love reading your blog because it always brings a smile to my face. Your children are amazing and I swear they must have a special knack for trouble. And no worries, everyone knows that showers and non-oily hair is totally overrated.

Mindi said...

i am sitting here at my computer at 2:40 in the a.m. laughing out loud at the bra comment. only because i know it TOO WELL.

and the macie = courtney love photo could be my favoritest. EVER.

GENIUS, woman!

ps she is adorable.

Gunn said...

Wow, Ginnie. At least you can always calm down to take a picture to remember the moment. All my kids hear is yelling. But I must admit that is quite creative of Kaleb. Better turn to disposable cups for the bathroom.

Unknown said...

gotta love the honesty!! we miss you guys!

Jenny B said...

I love how you openly admit to things, just like my lice story, lol. Well, the good news is, pee isn't that bad for you and I hear it's great for bad breath, lol. As far as the bra, don't feel bad, I sometimes wear the same underwear just because the lack of me time. The things Ginnie can make us admit, it feels so liberating!

Melynn said...

Ha ha...I think that is why Spence and I are always joking about just having one child (we really are not going to just have one child).

Hey, when are you available to got to dinner?

The Skinners said...

Kids have a way of finding everything they arent supposed to get into. Cole is especially that way too. Those pictures were fun to see. What little stinkers, but they are so cute.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the lipstick pic... hey at least they are eating multigrain cheerios, lol!

E n D said...

No wonder you can't find time to shower, you have too much pee and lipstick to deal with!

The Blandon's said...

I love it. I miss those little faces!
I remember getting into my grandma's lipstick and getting in so much trouble! Looks like you were a lot kinder to your children than my grandma was to me. There were no smiles or pictures in my case.

krista said...

Love it! They are going to laugh at all this when they get older. I guess you have your hands full don't you?

By the way Macie is getting SO big. All the sudden she looks all grown up. And she is a clone of you.

Anonymous said...

I see it Ginn... The loud cry for help though sarcastic, funny words and beautiful, telling pictures. Just remeber that we ALL love you. Remember that even the "BIG GUY" upstairs knows you're dyin' with these wonderful, beautiful nightmares that you've been blessed with. YOU CAN DO IT. But... I promise you that when the Lord comes back to earth, even HE will be bringing his own frickin cup!!! Luv you - Roo

somestratt said...

Ginnie, your blog is one I turn to for the comedy. i don't know if your life is just much more interesting that everyone elses or if you just have a really special knack for getting it down in writing (with pics.) Whatever the answer is it is always so fun to hear the new quandary you are in! Hope everything aside from pee and smelly pits is going well!

Chell said...

Oh my oh my. That little stink Kaleb, People will nevr drink out of a cup in your house again. Glad you are able to keep your sense of humor through it all cause I think I would lose my mind. Oh and yes I ate soe ice cream in honor of you.