My people who I've left behind on the humid east coast.
My people who've moved from the east coast, but chose not to join me in ZION.
(Really, I hear all the money is in Utah.
Who needs New Mexico, Arizona, Montana, Colorado, and Alaska?
And specializing?! Who needs to specialize?
Pffft, I mean, I guess.. if you want to make lots of money)
My people who "suffered" through dental school with me.
(really it wasn't suffering. I know that especially now)
My people who had real jobs, and real lives, and lived in the real world.
(They weren't dental people. They were real people, as opposed to the not real ones)
My people who let me come to their homes and feed me dinner.
(those people get extra points for the dinner part)
My people who supplied me with a quick caffeine kick when I was in need.
My people who made me take my lazy behind to the gym.
My people who would play surrogate Mother/Father to my children.
(there were many)
My people who took the place of my family while I was away.
My people who appreciated my crude humor....
(actually I can only think of one, maybe two. Three would probably be pushing it)
My people who were kind enough to give me courtesy laughs just to boost the ego.
(my self-esteem thanks you)
My people who would make awesome desserts and share the love.
(my butt and thighs thank you)
My people who were great guinea pigs for my photography.
(except they made much prettier models than guinea pigs,
not that I have anything against guinea pigs)
My people who would kindly tell me my son is streaking naked across the apartments and not judge... at least not in front of my face.
I miss my people who were my people.
Lucky for me, some of my other people live in Utah
And Utah is full of more potential my people... they just don't know it yet.
Much love to my people here, there and everywhere!

9 comments:
Were? Past tense?
ARE.
<3,
Your peeps
word.
i can be your peeps
in a creepy stalker blogger love way
Mindi-
I am currently taking applications for new friends. If you'de like to be my friend please submit an application along with two forms of photo ID, birth certificate, blood type, social security number, favorite color, and $20 (for friendship dues) I accept all major credit cards. Cash or money order will be accepted as well.
I miss "my people" too. That was a really good post. Almost brought a tear! No really I enjoyed reading it and couldn't help but recall the good times, and forever amazing people we found in the last four years. Yes you are one of them. Hope all is well. It was good to see you and your cute family. Good luck with this whole starting real life thing. It's a lot harder then I thought. Give it time, maybe by christmas we will both be on are feet, with a smile on are face and a few checks in the bank. Big checks that allow us to buy food, pay for health care, and have the every day needs of life, with alittle extras!
Am I one of the two that appreciated your crude humor? Emily was probably the other. We miss your (our) people too.
Aww I mis you and YOUR crude very appreciated Humor. Just not the same without you.
Awwwwww, we miss you guys too!!! A LOTTTTTTTT!
And the sad thing is one by one we're going extinct out here...it's a dying breed... All of the current 2nd yrs are moving within the next few mos. There are no 1st years coming, that I know of.
We miss you a ton. So many fun moments that made the current trials of dental school much easier to handle.
oh, and thanks for the congrats comment about expecting a boy. Can't wait to see a similar post up on the "Beautiful Mess" blog;)
Post a Comment