8.07.2008

Tent of the Anti Christ, No More

(For this to make sense you should probably click here)
Please turn with me to Ginnie, Chapter 1: 1-7

Ahem...

1. And it came to pass that on the 26th day of the 6th month of the year 2008, Ginnie's husband, Nate, was wrought with much frustration and anger.

2. Nate being raised by his Father and learned in the ways of the tent, had received a tent. This tent had been forsaken, being labelled the tent of the Anti Christ due to its unholy nature and failure to become erect. Not even Viagra could helpeth this tent.

3. For Nate, believing that all tents were good, had faith. Being humble and lowly in heart Nate sought the counsel of his Father and brothers.

4. And it came to pass that the brethren did meet and there was a great council. And the words they spoke I cannot write, for I was not there. For behold Ginnie's husband Nate said, "Woman, get thee hence" in fear that Ginnie would have her camera in hand to document the event.


5. Ginnie being some what wise, obeyed the demands of her husband and did walketh away.

6. And it came to pass that several hours did pass and Ginnie returned to the place of her husband. And lo and behold, there in front of her stood a miracle.
For this tent that had caused much stress and confusion, had been made whole through the faithfulness of Nate. The erection of this tent was only possible with the many hands to help and the skillfulness of the brethren.

7. And it came to pass that there was much rejoicing. For where there was doubt, there is now hope; and where there was chaos, peace is now felt. And the tent of the anti Christ is no more, but the legacy of its conversion shall live on forever. And thus it is said, Amen.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Nate, his dad, and his brother, flexing their tent muscles

Kaleb, flexing his inherited tent muscles

A little R&R after the battle

Tent of the anti Christ, what? Boo-ya!3 thumbs up!

12 comments:

Em said...

HA! Congrats to Nate! Renn was terribly amused when I told him. Then he asked me a whole bunch of questions re: how you're doing that you've never answered here and I proceeded to feel like a lame-o-friend.
Oh well.
Cheers!

Jessica said...

I saw your pictures today, they turned out great. I really want orchard pictures, they are my favorite. I really like the b & w of Macie, she looks so cute!

Merilee said...

hahaha. Yeah!! Nate is the test master! You really had me laughing with "your" scripture.

Jenny said...

Very funny Ginnie, I love this it is so histarical. Tell Nate congrats he is the MAN!! You guys are so great!! So Funny!!

Mindi said...

your man is the bomb diggity!!

i run, screaming from a tent. that bad boy would have been dropped off in a hot mess at the d.i. if i were in charge.
good thing nate was.

good stuff

Kat said...

no way! you did it?!

Sarah said...

You crack me up. Nate must be one determined tent lover to set that beast up. Way TO Go. Miss you a ton and love your humor. Hope life is getting better and better and you are feeling more settled being there. Keep in touch. PLEASE

Michelle C said...

That's so funny. I would have quit after round one. That's great. Now can he do it again?!

Anonymous said...

I see that I converted you. Excellent.

Krystal said...

Wow that was good. I was laughing through the whole thing! I didn't know you could write so "churchy good". Loved it. So how is life? Did Nate get the tent because he can't take the in-laws any more? ha ha... I remember that talk you told us about how they said live in tent before you live with family. Just thought it would be a good questions given the fact you loved that talk so much!!! Hope life is good. Looks like you are having fun with the family. Thats the best part of being in Utah right?

Chell said...

okay that cracked me up. Looks like you guys are doign well. which is great. Miss you!!

Angela said...

Thanks for the update, nothing like bringing someone/something from the dark into the light.