Well, there's not much to say about our 4th of July except for Shady Maple, rain, rain, and yep, more rain. I don't think I can remember the last time it rained on the 4th of July. The morning started off OK. We went to the big breakfast smorgasbord called Shady Maple, with a few other families, which was enjoyable but then it just went down hill from there. The rest of the day was filled with sitting around the house while it rained outside. We did attempt to try to have some fun, so we drove around looking for an indoor play place at some sort of fast food place to let the kids run around and play. To our disappointment, and the kids, we didn't find one. So we grabbed a movie and got McDonald's drive through and called it good. We didn't get to go see fireworks, which was a HUGE disappointment. A 4th of July with out fireworks is like Christmas with out gifts. Any way, so our 4th of July ended with a late night family movie and fattening burgers. Not too exciting but I guess some days are like that.
The kids wishing it would stop raining so they could see fireworks...(never happened).JPG)
Our family and our anti-climatic evening.
Happy 4th of July!

3 comments:
I was very sorry to hear about your 4th. I guess Pennsylvania is sad that we left, hence the rain. But on the bright side, you aren't burning up; it was like 95 yesterday and will be over a hundred tomorrow.
But we miss you guys.
That is sad that it rained all day, hope your kids weren't too disappointed. Here in good old Idaho we are dying for rain! It is like 105 degrees out, so we are trapped inside today. YUCK!
I am sad it was a sad day for you. We really missed you at the reunion.
We love you.
Stacy and family
Post a Comment