7.10.2007

Today's random thoughts

Today I was hanging up my clothes. The funny thing about hanging up my clothes is that I don't just put clothes wherever there's a spot, no it's more complicated than that. This is a secret I've been keeping in the closet for some time now. My closet is color coordinated all the same colors go together (it can get a little tricky sometimes when I have a shirt that has two colors on it) not only are my clothes color coordinated but they are also organized in length and style.
Who seriously wastes their time color coordinating the clothes in their closets? (at least something is organized in my house).

Here is some more random-ness from yours truly...

What is with kids and their obsession with the garbage?...seriously, it's garbage! I don't know how many times a day I'm pulling cracked egg shells out of Macie's mouth and wiping off a combination of soggy Cheerios and yogurt off her hands.

Why does Kaleb ALWAYS need me to watch him go to the bathroom? Apparently he thinks my life needs some more excitement...that's just not the type of excitement I'm looking for.

What's the point of having an A/C unit if it doesn't even work? I'm about ready to open up the freezer and put a fan by it. But then again, my freezer doesn't work to great either...gotta love apartment living. Yep, this beautiful piece of equipment is suppose to keep my house cold during 95 degree temperature plus 90 percent humidity.

(don't mind the rolled up paper towel sticking out of the A/C. That's what keeps brown water from dripping on my couch)

What's the point of making your bed when you're just going to be sleeping in it at the end of the day?

Why is it when my kids sleep in I wake up early and when I want to sleep in, my kids wake up early? We really need to get on the same schedule. This morning, for example, Macie slept in until 11:15...now if I could get the other two to sleep in till 11:00 life would be good.

and last...

Why do they only have fry sauce in Utah? For all you non-Utahners, it is mayo mixed with ketchup, it's a little taste O' heaven if you ask me. I once asked for it when I first moved here and they looked at me like I was crazy...I quickly learned that it's only a Utah thing.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Ginnie,
It's Jamie (Baird). I was so glad to see you found my blog-it's so fun to hear from you. And I absolutely love your blog posts-you just crack me up! If it makes you feel better, I used to color coordinate my clothes too! With my new system, I just put the shirts I wore most recently on the left, so that I'm not wearing the same thing twice a week. I guess its the only way to keep things straight for me and my frazzled mind!

J Glazier said...

WOW I'm impressed, you actually get your clothes into the closet and color coordinated I'm lucky if they make it off the bedroom floor once a week. You inspire me!

Em said...

Now fry-sauce....that's something I CAN bring back for you!

krista said...

I LOVE to color coordinate my clothes too, it's good to know there's someone wierd out there like me! HAHA

Merilee said...

I tried that a few times, but I am more like 'one crazy momma', and I am lucky if the clothes are clean, they rarely make it to the closet these days. Oh well, maybe someday my closet will look as nice as yours.

Anonymous said...

Gin, I've got you beat on the clothes thing. Do you follow the RYOGBIV color code system? Do you have a wardrobe journal and write down what you wear every day so you can be sure there are no repeats? Hey, at least its a journal. 10 years from now I wont remember what I did on 7-07-07, but at least I will know what I wore. It counts as journal.

ness said...

i've color coordinated my closet since high school- it's a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

We have fry sauce in England...excepts its called thousand island sauce!!