9.07.2007

1st day of school!

She's been waiting for this day for oh, so long! An hour and a half of painting, coloring, playing, laughing, singing, learning, & reading...what more could a {almost} 5 year old ask for?

This is her second year attending this preschool since she misses the deadline for kindergarten by just two weeks. But I guess that just gives me one more year of keeping her my baby. It's probably a good thing since I get teary eyed reading other moms blogs about sending their babies off to kindergarten. Why is it that as moms it is so hard to let go and see our babies grow up?

So for now she will still be my little day time buddy. I just need to remember to take advantage of every precious moment I have with her. Like Moms that have older kids always say, you blink and they are all grown up. (Let's just hope it doesn't happen quite that fast)



4 comments:

Merilee said...

She is so beautiful. She looks older than (almost) five to me though! Time really does go fast.

Jessica said...

She really is so pretty Ginnie. You were pregnant with her at my wedding. That seems like forever ago, but at the same time not long enough for Abrie to get so old and grown up.

Jenny said...

Hey, Abrie is so cute. I miss her. They do grow up so fast. Caden is gone from me all day it so sad, i miss him all the time. So do enjoy this time with her cause once they start school they are in it for a very long time. I feel like now its just running running trying to get a minute with him to squeeze him and love on him. How strange life is. For the first 5 years you can't wait to get away from them for 5 sec, then you spend the rest of there life just wanting 5 sec with them. oh well

Anonymous said...

She's such a big girl! I can still remember the first day of school excitement. I can't wait to live it again with my children. She's gorgeous, she looks so much like you! I'm lovin the leggings!